TEACHING JEWISH VALUES AND TRADITIONS
We offer our youngsters Religious School classes for students from preschool through seventh grade. We proudly teach traditional skills and values, incorporating new and creative teaching methods, with the goal of helping our children understand the meaning of community, torah, tzedakah, and gemilut hasadim.
Our Hebrew School program offers a thoughtfully designed and engaging curriculum for each of our grades, enchanced by all-school family holiday celebrations and field trips. The curricula includes:
- Hebrew language and prayer
- Highlights of Jewish history and current day Judaism
- Significance of the Holocaust
- Torah narratives and How to Study a Torah text
- Israel – geography, politics, history and culture – and Zionism
- Jewish Holidays
- Visual Arts
- Bar and Bat Mitzvah preparation
- Social Action projects
Our clergy participates in teaching our students, and we warmly welcome parent participation in our activities. We look forward to meeting with you and finding out how we can help you with your child’s Jewish education.
At Mishkan Tefila, adult education is an integral part of our learning environment. Recent courses include:
- Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- Rabbinics, including Midrash and Talmud study
- Philosophy, Literature, History and Mysticism
- Jewish Parenting Workshops
- Adult Bar/Bat Mitzvah study program
- Jewish Festival and Holy Day Workshops
- Mussar: Jewish Ethics
Mishkan Tefila is also blessed to have many congregants of varied expertise and talents leading seminars on topics from business ethics to networking to bioethics. Please join us!