The Rabbi Herman H. and Mignon L. Rubenovitz Museum and Archives was established in 1940 by Mrs. Rubenovitz. Serving as its first curator, Mrs. Rubenovitz created the earliest collection of Judaica in a New England synagogue. From its earliest days through the present the museum has attracted national attention.
The Museum has been able to acquire and exhibit a wide variety of Judaica from early metal ritual objects, sculpture, and textiles to modern Jewish art forms. Internationally known, the Museum’s Archives have also become a treasured resource for academics and researchers.
The Rubenovitz Museum is across from the Library. It is always open, accessible and compelling, for just a quick glance or a longer visit.